Tuesday, October 4, 2016

William's Brothers La Jollita Pylon Racer Kit





SPAN 45 INCHES
LENGTH 41 INCHES
AREA 460 SQ. INCHES
ENGINE 25-40

The La Jollita was a first of it kind. It's a "Rare large scale Pylon Racer for the Miniature Goodyear Event or sport flying". The kit Contains select balsa and plywood, 29 hi-impact plastic parts, hi-impact cheek cowls and wheel pants, preformed metal landing gear, all hardware, clear scale canopy and more. Very high quality kit.

The sun came out here yesterday afternoon and I took the opportunity to go to the field with some of my electric planes;I flew the Beaver, Lightening and a Williams Brothers' Pylon racer that I made when I was 31 years old (46 years ago), while living in St. Louis when I worked with McDonnell Aircraft. I kept it all those years and recently restored and converted it from glow to electric power witch in itself was no easy matter. You can't imagine what a thrill it was for me to see her perform yesterday, ripping around the field doing those bank and yank Pylon turns for 5 minutes plus the perfect roll on landing to finish off. I hope she will survive so I can get more experience flying her. The next time I will try to have a flash card in my GoPro so that I will have a record to remind me of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment